top of page

St Ed's bounces back with a dominant defensive showing winning 42-6 against River Rouge

Lakewood, Ohio — It was a nice sunny Saturday afternoon in First Federal Lakewood Stadium as the St Ed’s Eagles took on River Rouge.

The Eagle offense wasted no time getting going as Brandon White would score a two yard touchdown run set up by a 36 yard completion from Thomas Csanyi.

A few empty drives would pass before the Eagle defense would start to set the tone.

The defense would recover two fumbles in a short two minute span.

The fumbles would set up a 15 yard rushing touchdown for Csyani and a four yard reception touchdown for White.

The quarter ended with the Eagles up 21-0.

The second would start off slowly for both teams.

After a slow start, it was around the five minute mark where Troy Regovich made a huge play.

He scored a touchdown off a blocked punt to give the Eagles a 28-0 lead.

This Eagle defense wasn’t done as Cam Boone would catch an interception a minute later.

When asked about the defense’s attitude coming into the game Boone said, “Fly to the ball and don’t let them score, every game.”

The interception would set up a drive that started with a big 26 yard reception for Brandon white, and ended with a Jacob Robinson 10 yard touchdown run.

Irvin Knott would catch an interception for River Rounge to end the half. The Eagles led 35-0.

The second half would start out with an empty Eagle drive.

They then would force a River Rouge 3 and out, setting up a string of Jacob Robinson runs which would eventually close out the 3rd quarter.

The Eagles came out with a fourth quarter drive to put the game away featuring first down runs and receptions from Joshua Groudle.

The drive ended with a one yard touchdown run from Groudle giving the Eagles a 42-0 lead.

After a couple of fourth down conversions from Daniel Rucker III and William Hobbs, River Rouge would find themselves in the redzone.

They capitalized as Hobbs would find tight end Johnny Greene for a 13 yard touchdown pass.

River Rouge would attempt a two point conversion which was denied. The Eagles would close the game out on top with the final score being 42-6.

I got a chance to speak with the head football coach for St. Ed’s Tom Lombardo.

When asked about his highly anticipated matchup next week he said, “The game speaks for itself, the kids come here they look forward to that game…. We just wanna play great football.”

The Eagles will be back in action at home against the St. Ignatius Wildcats September 30th at 7 PM.



Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page