top of page

The Trinity Trojans fight hard to beat the Cardinal Huskies in a 57-55 overtime thriller

Garfield Heights, OH - On Friday night the Cardinal Huskies traveled to the Trinity Trojans for a conference meeting. The Huskies only had one loss in the conference, while the Trojans were 2-2 trying to get their conference record above .500.

Dom Locklear of Trinity started the game off with back to back three pointers and put up 11 points helping his team put up 24 points in the first.

The Huskies couldn't find their groove as they were only able to put up 7 points in the first off the back of center Paul Gall who put up 4 points this quarter, but it wasn't enough as the first quarter came to an end with Trinity up 24-7.

Starting the second quarter the Huskies looked rejuvenated on offense and were able to get themselves going, chipping away at the Trojans lead forcing turnovers on defense, which lead to more points as Gall was a menace in the paint.

Trinity on the other hand didn't look nearly as dominant on both offense and defense, but they were still able to put up 10 points this quarter because of a pair of threes from guards Eric Snow and Quincy Haynes keeping the lead at 12 points 34-22 going into halftime.

Coming out of halftime both teams needed to keep their foot on the gas and continue to create opportunities for themselves.

Trinity started the quarter with a three pointer from Haynes, but unfortunately for them that would be the only time they scored this quarter.

The Huskies had an outstanding quarter from their players, specifically guard Jake Bean who was able to put up a three pointer and a few steals helping his team put up 12 points and making it a very close game at 37-34 after three.

Coming into the final quarter both teams turned on the burners offensively and had a shootout.

Jake Bean and Paul Gall combined for a total of 14 points as they took the lead for the first time in the game and it really felt like they had the momentum on their side.

Trinity needed something to go their way, and Locklear was able to deliver that as he was stealing the ball, getting rebounds, putting up points, and making the most of every opportunity he was given.

Trinity put up 14 points this quarter, as Locklear put in the final shot of regulation to tie the game 51-51 and we were headed to overtime.

Coming into overtime, both teams started attacking the basket, but not much was falling. Paul Gall was able to put up 4 points for his team, but it wasn't enough as Trinity put up 6 points and won the game on a Carlen Morris three pointer making the final score 57-55.

This game recap is brought to you by Daystar Ford


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page